Today I am going to show you how to make these amazing and super easy jam buns. I was going to do cinnamon buns which are more Autumnal but I didn't have any cinnamon. So instead it's jam buns, but we can just pretend the jam is supposed to represent blood for Halloween.
For 8 buns you will need:
- 200 grams of self raising flour
- 50 grams of margarine
- 75 grams of caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 x 15ml of milk (you might not need the whole amount)
- Some jam (you can add as much or as little as you like)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ gas mark 5.
- Sieve flour into a large bowl.
- Add the margarine into the bowl, cut into smaller pieces and rub into the flour to form breadcrumbs.
- Add the caster sugar into the bowl and stir in.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and stir until you have a stiff but sticky consistency. You may have to add the milk at this point to get the right consistency.
- Lightly flour the surface and roll out the mixture. Cut into 8 even sized pieces.
- Roll into balls and place on a baking tray leaving space between them.
- Make a small hole in the centre andfill with jam.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until well risen and golden brown in colour.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Enjoy your delicious creation with a cup of tea (or any other beverage of your choice!)
Love Courtney x