Thursday 15 December 2016

Winter Makeup Routine





Hello everyone!
It's getting ever closer to Christmas (eek!) and I've just started my Christmas shopping (oops!) Today I have a winter makeup "tutorial". But let's be real I'm no makeup pro so I'm just going to tell you how I created this silver/purple eye look with lots of highlighter and a nude/pink lip.

Base

For foundation I used the Loreal Infallible 24hr Matte. This foundation has a good amount of coverage and it's matte but it doesn't look cakey. It also lasts really well throughout the day.

Then I used the Rimmel Match Perfection concealer under my eyes to cover up those bags and make me look more awake.

Next I used my favourite Makeup Revolution Iconic Lights and Contour palette. I used the second shade from the left on the top row (the matte white colour) to set my foundation and concealer. I also used the third shade from the left on the bottom row to bronze up my pale face. Finally from this palette I used the first shade from the left on the top row to highlight the heck out of my cheekbones. It doesn't show up well on camera but my cheekbones were poppin'.

Eyes
To start my eye look I first used the shade Naked 2 from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette to fill in my eyebrows.

Then I used two eyeshadows from Makeup Geek. I applied the shade High Wire (the shimmery silver colour) all over my eye lid. Then I blended the shade Fairytale (the matte purple colour) into my outer crease and the outer portion of my lid.

Next I took my Collection Extreme 24hr Felt Tip liner, prayed to the winged liner gods and did a thin flick.

Finally, I curled my eyelashes and applied my favourite mascara, Maybelline The Falsies. I love this eye look because it's different to the typical gold eye that you see everywhere this time of year.

Lips

Last step lips. First I applied MAC Cosmetics lipstick in Brave. Then I put some of the Maybelline ColourSensational Shine Gloss in shade Fuschia Flash on top.

So there you have it. An easy, cool toned, winter makeup look that's not your typical warm toned bronze and gold. Let me know in the comments your go to makeup look for the festive season. Do you prefer a bold or nude lip? Smokey or neutral eye? See you soon.

Love Courtney x




No comments:

Post a Comment